Mommy’s nose and writers blocked!


Yes I am down with the flu. Gosh sick like a dog is an understatement am in my pj’s, hello kitty ones, nose pink like a rose in the garden. And there is no resting for me. Being a mommy means –I need you every minute of every day and every second.

So, I hurriedly popped off to the pharmacy and got me drugs. For flu …that is, lol. Hoping I could by some miracle be healthy before the next change or bottle feed. Somehow I got through it and able to write this as we speak.

Mommy bloggers how we do it? Very little time…No free days or off days and yet we can blog. Each one of us deserves an award-just to think straight. With all the nappies, bottles, crying, burping and cooking. Our lives are pre-ordered with all the duties and responsibilities-there is no time for what we wanna do but all our time is occupied with what we have to do…you feel me….

So I made a new promise to myself. Do one thing for me… each day. Keep sane and abide by my one rule to keep the sanity. Writing this piece even now gives me a sense of self. It’s not selfish to want things that does not relate to being a mother. Us mothers do feel a sense of guilt, know that feeling-Buying anything that is not baby related makes me feel guilty, do not even wanna eat in a restaurant –then feelings of guilt well up. What could I have bought with that money now that Leo, could have benefited from. In this manner, we guilt ourselves out of living fully.

Let’s make a decision today. Let’s live for ourselves first, God and our kids.

This statement is very true. If mommy is not happy-baby is not happy.

Let’s be the best to give our best.

Think the writer’s block is unblocked now  J

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Little more about me ...for now....