How to give birth -C-section -My real life story


The day I gave birth…

The day before I gave birth I was extremely tired just laid down on my sister’s bed –totally exhausted. My eldest sister soaked my feet and massaged them –beautiful-was definitely needed.

The day I gave birth it was on a Saturday afternoon. The morning at about 10 a.m. got up made pancakes and ate to my heart’s content. Pancakes with Apricot jam and cream mmm lekka.

At about 12ish I felt drained and tired. Bear in mind the night before I could not sleep feeling slight contractions 3 hour apart.

So I lay there relaxing and almost dosing off into a light sleep on the couch had to get up as I had a kiddie’s party to attend and I wasn’t really in the mood.

So I went to the toilet before heading for the shower. As I got up from wiping my vaj.I felt a big gush and just then my water broke.

At this point, being a first time mom and all didn’t know it was my water that broke. So I told my husband and he said get dressed I am taking you into the hospital. I said a few prayers while the water cascaded down my face. After a quick shower changed my pad could see more and more water wetting the pad. Then I knew this was it, I reached the point of no return was going to be a mother in a couple of hours. The feeling was weird happiness and fear all mixed together.

 

After phoning a couple of family members, we were off in our little getz. Arrival time at the hospital was round about 2pm.The nurse checked my pad in the toilet and thereafter she was on the line with the gynae-to assess what needs to be done next.

The answer came back very sudden-we will be taking this baby out at 3 p.m. looked at the clock it was 2.30 pm. At that moment I just cried, as I had my mind wrapped around giving normal vaginal birth. You see, the nurse explained, the baby might be in distress as he may have made a popsie inside my womb. This is considered very dangerous if he ingests this. So we agreed take this boy out ASAP.

After signing all the necessary forms-dad was off to dress for surgery and I was prepped for the epidural.

The small needle went in, I felt nothing. The big one went in-I mean, into the small space between the vertebrae in your spine, I felt nothing as well.

My husband was amazed, that I didn’t wince or make a funny face. Those drugs are the bomb.

In a few seconds I felt my legs go heavy.

 

A few minutes later I heard a baby cry. They just took him out could feel the doctor pressing on my tummy and then he was out through this tiny cut in my tummy. Could not believe it. I was overwhelmed was speechless. They put him on my chest after some suction to clear his air passage.

 

Could hardly feel my arms to hold him for very long –but the moment was beyond every happiness I ever felt before …

Became a mommy just there and then –I would never ever trade that moment for anything…

Kingsbury Hospital staff rocked –they were awesome from delivery to discharge…

 

I’ll do it all over again….



 
 
 
----

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Little more about me ...for now....